Senior Director of Consulting Services - Kiwi Partners
Senior Director of Consulting Services - Process, Kiwi Line of Business – Consulting Services (Remote) The Senior Director of Consulting Services leads a team of Financial Engineers in developing and implementing process re-engineering and systems implementations.
Essential Responsibilities: Service Delivery
- Lead best practice review projects.
- Ensure high and consistent quality services across all clients and services.
- Manage the value-added reseller (VAR) relationship with related application vendors.
- Lead consulting projects and ongoing client engagements within budget and time.
- Project manage best practice review (BPR) and other process re-engineering projects.
- Develop and implement technology initiatives at clients.
- Conduct interviews with the client staff, assist in reviewing accounting procedures and processes (system walkthroughs), and suggest changes to processes based on analysis, technology, and best practices.
- Manage client expectations as defined in the engagement contract and workplan.
- Advise clients on rolling out people, process, and technology changes.
- Advise clients on best practices in configuring their financial management software systems and assist with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Identify opportunities to support the client as an advisor.
- Set, measure, and communicate expectations with the client team and Kiwi Partners Managers/Directors.
- Understand, manage, and monitor workflow and scope as prescribed in the client Engagement Letter.
- Effectively project manage by reviewing project scope, time, risks, communication and managing project deliverables and meetings.
- Oversee client engagements, including managing staff resources and budget goals.
- Serve as the client’s main point of contact and lead the engagement.
- Research technology tools and applications; stay abreast of industry developments.
- Stay up-to-date with internal control compliance and ensure all team members and clients are informed especially as it relates to new accounting pronouncements and regulations.
- Stay up-to-date on accounting and technical pronouncements, developments, and trends.
- Recruit, supervise, and develop team members.
- Coach and mentor staff and team members and provide input on staff evaluations.
- Assist Kiwi management with developing and implementing strategic goals for the organization.
- Identify opportunities for potential revenue increases and product lines of business.
- Assist in developing standardized tools – people, processes, and systems for implementation at clients.
- Serve as a change agent as it relates to identifying and recommending the introduction of company policies and internal business pivots and opportunities.
- Assist in setting revenue goals.
- Participate in pitches, proposals, and client engagement processes when applicable.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 8 – 10+ years of relevant professional experience to include:
- 6 – 8 years of progressive consulting experience.
- 4 – 6 years of progressive accounting experience.
- 4 – 6 years of leadership within a professional services position.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Working in multiple work environments.
- Balancing the needs of several clients.
- Working independently as well as collaboratively.
- Knowledge and familiarity of accounting principles and practices including:
- Accounting systems, internal controls, and implementing control improvements.
- Various accounting software programs, such as Quickbooks and Sage Intacct, plus experience with chart of accounts and converting data from different applications.
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Documenting and conducting client intake interviews.
- Assessing, improving, and implementing internal controls.
- Client relationship management.
- Proficient knowledge of various systems including:
- Office 365
- Power BI
- Power Pivot
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience and Key Characteristics
- Prior experience in a small non-for-profits, startup, or unstructured environment.
- Sage Intacct Implementation Specialist.
- Experience with nonprofit accounting.
Our Core Competencies
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to effectively guide teams to achieve service standards and carry out strategy, and identify service offering gaps and recommend and/or drive improvements.
- The ability to manage resources across team to ensure projects and goals are achieved, approve work plan changes and final deliverables, and communicate projects’ progress with critical stakeholders
- The ability to establish and manage effective relationships with diverse stakeholders across the firm, including executive-level colleagues, and to foster a culture of courteous professional interactions
- The ability to effectively communicate critical firm-wide messages, and to lead others in managing challenging conversations and developing complex communication skills
- The ability to model and foster a team-wide culture of inclusion, collaboration, and knowledge sharing; to demonstrate and model appreciation for significant team contributions; and to mediate challenging interpersonal conflicts
- The ability to regularly engage in leadership development activities, and lead firm-wide initiatives that improve firm-wide learning
- The ability to foster a team culture that encourages creative problem solving, and to ensure teams have resources and training to overcome complex challenges
- The ability to take initiative for creating an inclusive environment and model and implement equitable policies, practices, systems, or strategies
Working with Us This position is open to candidates who wish to be based out of our office locations in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Durham, and San Francisco. We are also open to permanently remote workers based in the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. Please note that all our five offices have reopened, and we work in a hybrid environment.
We reopened our offices in Summer of 2022 and work with a hybrid workplace strategy to ensure continued flexibility for our staff, while deepening our strong culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. We expect that after your initial onboarding, you will have the choice of two hybrid schedules. Our hybrid schedule options include Flex, with 1-2 days per week in the office, or Office-based, with 3+ days per week in the office (or more if preferred) and the remaining days working at home/remotely. We will make reasonable accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
About Kiwi Partners / Arabella Advisors Our firm helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact, achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, we are also a certified B Corporation.
About Consulting Services
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here to learn more about DEI at Kiwi / Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Total Rewards (compensation and benefits) This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our compensation ranges are based on salary ranges for similar sized organizations in the professional services sector.
Durham: $110,000-$137,000 Chicago: $115,000-$143,000 Washington, DC: $122,000-$152,000 New York & San Francisco: $132,000-165,000
All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package on their first day of employment:
- Health insurance - On average we pay 86% of the medical premium, 80% of the dental premium, and 100% of the vision premium
- Paid time off - 16 days’ vacation, 10 personal days, 11 company holidays (7 federal and 4 more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday), 20 hours’ volunteer leave, 8 weeks’ parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan- We offer a 4% employer match on a dollar-per-dollar basis, and there is no waiting or vesting period; all funds contributed by you and Arabella are yours to keep on day 1
- Reimbursements for your personal cell phone plan and fitness
- Pre-tax withholding for transportation and parking
- Bonus incentive opportunities
- Access to professional development opportunities
How to Apply Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work for us and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While we are open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and, except in rare circumstances considered on a case-by-case basis, all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.Apply Online